gump-general mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <bpor...@f2network.com.au>
Subject RE: <maven & directory-naming
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 22:11:04 GMT
> Brett, you seem to be involved in this project also, you want
> to modify the project.xml for this?
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/test/incubator-directory/naming/pr
oject.xml:
>   <!--  Gump integration   -->
>   <gumpRepositoryId>Directory-naming</gumpRepositoryId>

I haven't had a chance to see what Phil did with this yet, sorry.

> 4) Hmm, I suspect I need Brett to checking the ant script build.xml. Hmm,
and we'll need to hack one of the to use different working directories.

Was it generated by Maven from the project.xml? These rarely work without
tweaking as it can't replicate any plugin functionality. I don't recall
there being a build.xml in commons-naming, so it must have been generated.

> [Brett, when I was asking about having Maven write a descriptor with two
projects, this is what I was referring to. Having two projects allows Maven
> users to (1) use ant for simplicity [not impacted by Maven not building]
(2) use Maven [to test this new way of working.] Are you able to update
Maven's
> 'gump' goal? Could you make it savvy to these issues? If yes, we can
specify & provide further details.]

I think the best thing to do here is have a property that controls whether
the generated descriptor has ant or maven or both. So should the one
descriptor file contain two <project/> elements, or should there be two
generated descriptor files?

Anyway, I'm happy to make the changes to the gump plugin once there is a
final description for how the <maven tag is described - perhaps you could
enter it into Maven's JIRA and I'll take it from there?

Cheers,
Brett