gump-general mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <bpor...@f2network.com.au>
Subject RE: Maven and gump
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 22:03:13 GMT
> I see that forehead is for managing the classloader
> hierarchy, so is it installed classloaders before running
> Maven? Since Maven is (I'm guessing
> here) using classworlds for classloader management (artifact version
> management?) but Gump is setting the CLASSPATH(s) I'm hoping
> that the difference will be transparent to the build. [Brett,
> can you confirm? Testing will also help us here.]

Classworlds isn't being used yet - forehead is managing the main
classloaders.
What CLASSPATH do you set? You don't need to do the project dependencies -
these have to be done by JAR overrides. The only thing would be if you are
running a gumped Maven and need to override the JARs it uses. In that case,
you'll need to generate a new forehead.conf (quite simple).

> A command line would be along the lines of:
>
>     java -Djava.awt.headless=true
> org.apache.maven.cli.App --offline -Dbuild.sysclasspath=only {goal}

You'll need to call forehead, and specify the parameters:

"-Dforehead.conf.file=${MAVEN_HOME}/bin/forehead.conf" (or your customised
one)
"-Dtools.jar=$TOOLS_JAR" (from the JDK)
"-Dmaven.home=${MAVEN_HOME}" (maven installation directory, effectively just
where the plugins are located and the default forehead.conf looks for libs)

The only other difficulty you might encounter is XML parsers, and endorsing
directories under JDK 1.4. I'm sure you'd have had to deal with this in Ant,
so it can be treated similarly.

> Here is a sample build.properties: [belt and braces w/
> build.sysclasspath, jsut testing.]

Looks fine.

Cheers,
Brett