gump-general mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Let Googlebot crawl our cvs?
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 14:13:14 GMT
Martin,

Here's my original email.....

"I was looking for a replacement for JDK1.4 String.split that would work in 1.3 environment
and
found that turbine had one (http://www.google.com/search?q=stringutils++split+site%3Aapache.org)
and then i was trying to find where in our cvs if the latest code and took a while to finally
found it in Jakarta commons' lang project.

To cut a long story short....Should we make finding existing code easier by allowing google's
crawler to crawl http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/? (currently there is a
http://cvs.apache.org/robots.txt that prevents this from happening)."

-- dims