gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-gump/stylesheet bash.xsl build.xsl win2k.xsl
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2003 17:48:31 GMT
> >     java.ext.dirs Path of extension directory or directories
> >
> > Is there something here?
>
> It is not the same as the bootclasspath (sorry).

No, I was thinking it is was to do with extensions.

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/guide/extensions/
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/guide/extensions/extensions.html

I saw this:
"Other locations for installed optional packages can be specified through
the system property java.ext.dirs. This property specifies one or more
directories to search for installed optional packages, each separated by
File.pathSeparatorChar. The default setting for this property is the
standard directory for installed optional packages indicated above."

We (Gump) could *perhaps* stop setting the bootclasspath and start creating
extension. I don't know if we can put our jars in directories in front of
the JDKs, but maybe. I don't have much time today, but I could try to do
more research some time/

So, this or we set a bootclasspath ant specific property, you think?

regards,

Adam