gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: Gump dates and times (Was Re: junit reports output)
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 18:33:02 GMT
> The build logs on covalent and cocoon show the start times of each project
in the summary list, whereas the lsd list does not.
> If one is waiting for a build to run, it is useful to be able to scan the
times of builds earlier in the sequence. Any chance of
> that being added to LSD?

 Good point. Added to CVS.

> It would be useful to be able to display the times in GMT (or even better,
local time for the browser), to make it easier to follow
> the sequence of Gump builds.

I've added timezone. I know these big public Gumps could work in GMT, but I
think localtime w/ timezone is best for private ones, so chose that.

> Another suggestion would be to do the CVS fetch just before the build, to
reduce the time-lag between them.
> If there is an error in a build, updates can easily miss the next one or
two CVS runs, reducing turn-round for fixes.

So do CVS/build, CVS/build not CVS/CVS, build,build ? That what you are
saying? I am open minded to the idea, but not sure how it helps what you
suggest. A run takes a finite amount of time, updates occur once a day (or,
at most) once each of those finite times. How does your suggestion help?

I've tried added the time of the CVS update to the build log.

regards

Adam