gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Python Gump TODOs
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 14:46:39 GMT
Hi,

I finally managed to compare the results on LSD (of last Thursday?)
with the ones of covalent.net and they look more or less the same.

Some comments on the output:

* I really like the "Missing Output" error that will help us to
  diagnose the "jar has moved" type of error a lot faster.

* Where is jakarta-commons?  commons-latka has a pre-req failure, no
  TODO for this type of problem?

* for the bigger modules the "traditional" listing of a single
  red/yellow/white line per project is superior IMHO.  When you watch
  Gump for a longer time day by day, you know which projects are
  "supposed to fail" - like excalibur-lifecycle.  It's a lot harder
  to ignore a red icon if you cannot immediately see that it is
  "the usual suspect".

* Navigation for a failed project is kind of cumbersome.  If you click
  on the "red" icon for test-ant (the last one in the Ant line), you
  have to scroll five pages to get to the build log - just to see that
  you have to follow another link to get the full log.

  I'd prefer to get the full log immediately for type "build failed"
  errors.

* The jakarta-slide results are inconsistent.  The TODO says "red",
  the modules list says "orange".

* jython builds fine on my box.

Stefan