gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bootstrapping
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2003 13:29:49 GMT
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicolaken@apache.org> wrote:
> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> If you moved the avalon descriptors back under Gump's CVS we might
>> be able to get it working some day again.  And after that we'd
>> probably need to move the Coccon descriptors as well .  8-)
>
> Adam, welcome to the world of descriptor placement hell ;-)

;-)

The only point that I'm trying to make is that Gump descriptors
outside of Gump's CVS aren't worth anything if they are not
maintained.  Even if we don't send nag mails out, there should be
somebody trying to keep Gump running who also has commit access to the
descriptor.

I don't care too much where the descriptors are. It's just that
experience shows that they are not maintained at all if they are not
inside Gump's repo.

Stefan