gump-general mailing list archives

From "BAZLEY, Sebastian" <Sebastian.BAZ...@london.sema.slb.com>
Subject RE: Gump build failures
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 13:22:36 GMT

OK, understood.

==

The problem I'm having is is not so much that the builds do not seem to be
working well at present (though that did prompt me to investigate) - it is
more that there seem to be two conflicting requirements here:
- building all projects from ground up
- building a particular project using known dependencies

The latter build should make it easier to investigate errors (fewer
changes), as well as reflecting more closely what is likely to be released
(in the case of JMeter at least!).

I don't know if there is a solution to this, short of performing the build
twice - e.g. if the build works when performed against fixed dependencies,
then redo the build against the latest dependencies.

Individual committers can perform their own project builds/tests, but it is
unlikely that they will have a full range of platforms to build on, and then
there is the issue of publishing the build results.

S.