gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: Gump build failures
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 21:26:59 GMT

> That is what I was hoping to achieve by eliminating the dependencies.
> JMeter already has a "chosen" set of dependencies in CVS.

Just so you know, Gump sets the following flag to "only" to specifically
ignore any jars that folks put into CVS, so you can have one build script,
two run styles.

http://ant.apache.org/manual/sysclasspath.html

> Useful link - it looks like there are more past versions there than on
> cocoon/covalent.

[Scott -- sorry about that, I need to clean up your disk & add cleanup to
Gumpy. ;-) ]

> But I'm not sure that this helps here - the jars are not guaranteed to be
> the "chosen" ones, as far as I can tell.

Not your chosen ones, correct. I suspect there is history on 'nightlies'
verse 'gumplies' & folks here would know it. Anybody on this list wish to
summarize what was discussed from before?

> At the moment, JMeter is being enhanced quite frequently, so it would be
> useful to be able to pick up the latest builds. I suppose one of us
(JMeter
> committers) could do this manually, but I'd rather not...

Yup, I hear you, hence tools like Ruper2 are being developed:

    http://www.krysalis.org/ruper

regards,

Adam