gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Bootstrapping
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2003 23:53:31 GMT
As I wish to extend Gump for distribution, I think about using existing (and
future) Java tools, just like forrest is used from Gump today for
documentation. It occurs to me that installing product (such as forrest, or
ruper, or whatever) seems incredibly "stale" & Un-Gump-like.

What are folks thoughts on attempting to bootstrap the products (than can be
bootstrapped) such that the forrest that is used, is the one just freshly
built. Is this nuts, and counterproductive if it fails (and hides the other
project results), or a good thing?

Thoughts/Experiences?

regards,

Adam