gump-general mailing list archives

From Scott Sanders <sc...@dotnot.org>
Subject Re: codehaus (was Re: Issue: werkz)
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 22:57:48 GMT
> Ok, I think we need to ask for help. What we'd only guess at, perhaps
> you
> can clarify? Can you help us with these?
>
> 1) These two describe CVS repositories:
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/jakarta-gump/repository/
> codehaus.xml
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/jakarta-gump/repository/
> werken.xml
>
> 2) The show some of their (perhaps historical) contents:
>
> http://gump.covalent.com/log/modxref.html#codehaus
> http://gump.covalent.com/log/modxref.html#werken
>
> 3) These show some problems:
>
> http://gump.covalent.com/log/cvs_werkz.html

Instead of:
cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.werken.com:/cvsroot/werkz update -P
-d -A werkz
it should be:
cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.werken.com:/scm/cvspublic update -P
-d -A werkz

How do we do that?

> http://gump.covalent.com/log/cvs_spice.html

Instead of :
cvs -z3 -d
:pserver:anonymous@cvs.spice.cvs.codehaus.org:/scm/cvspublic/jcontainer
update -P -d -A spice
it should be:
cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.codehaus.org:/cvsroot/jcontainer
update -P -d -A jcontainer

Inside there is a directory dna/api and dna/impl, which the descriptor
is looking for.
How do we get the module to do that?

What Martin was referring to with the 'common cvs root' comment was
something like jaxen, if we ever fix its circular dependency will be:
cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.codehaus.org:/cvsroot/jaxen update -P
-d -A jaxen

> Can you tell us where things are, what repository root, what project
> directories, etc.? Maybe together we can migrate the gump descriptors.

Does this help?

Where do we go from here?  I would like to help, but my descriptor fu
has been lost (unused for about 18 months).

Scott