gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: gump.covalent.net downtime
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 21:46:32 GMT
Sander Temme <sander@temme.net> wrote:

> > I don't know what others on this list think, but I wonder if your gump
could
> > be made "the nagging gump" until Sam resolves the problem w/ his one?
>
> Sure... let me know what I need to do.

Great thanks, assuming other folks on this list don't object, I'll try to
help set it up.

I've never seen "the inside of a public gump", I've only run my own. I
worked with Nick Chalko on a script Sam Ruby originated, and it is checked
in to CVS as gump.sh (for Linux/U*nix) which might help. As I said, I don't
know how you run things now, but gump.sh ends with:

cd $GUMP
echo $SEPARATOR >> $GUMP_LOG
if [ -n "$STARTED_FROM_CRON" ] ; then
        perl nag.pl work/naglist >> $GUMP_LOG 2>&1
fi;

.. i.e it uses Perl to run nag.pl on the 'naglist' generated by gen into
work. You only really need that one line (unless you run personal gumps for
work/pleasure. ;-)

Typically nag.pl get's edited with changes to these two lines:

    $url = "http://build.try.sybase.com/full-gump";    [HTTP to your gump
log/site pages]
    $home = "/homelocal/gump/full-gump/gump-ws/www"; [Local access to your
gump log]

Can you give it a shot, i.e. go to gump directory run it? It uses
/usr/sbin/sendmail (not Perl SMTP) so if we are lucky it'll work fine for
you [if you are on a suitable platform]. If you do this it'll try to mail
out last nights results to all projects. If there are no e-mail spoofing
issues w/ your Linux mail this ought be fine.

For testing you could (1) set your e-mail address [but that'll only affect
future Gump runs] (2) set a prefix for identification. I'd do the latter
irrespective.

This is in your workspace:

        <nag to="your e-mail" prefix="[FULL]" />

I'd set a prefix of [GUMP@Covalent] or something.

Let me know if this helps, or if there is more I can do.

Again, thanks for your resources/help.

regards

Adam