gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: xml-beans bootstrapping dilemma
Date Sun, 05 Oct 2003 17:58:47 GMT

> i'm trying to add xml-beans to gump. i've made quite a lot of progress but
> i've now reached a fundamental problem. xml-beans generates classes from
> schema but the classes it uses to read a schema are generated by the last
> compilation of xml-beans.
>
> what's the best way to create a gump build for a project that need's it's
> last build in order to build the next?

I don't think I'm helping here, I don't really think I understand the
situation -- 'cos it seems like a bootstrap problem -- but just in case...

Can you split these into two Gump projects? The XML schema reading part
being one, and the generation (etc.) another? Making a dependency on the
other would set the classpath. Also, classes compiled during a project can
be used by it (when you set the work area).

regards

Adam