gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: Unnamed property in depend
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2003 14:54:51 GMT
Stefan wrote:

> I looked into both project descriptors (assuming I understand the
> message, it should be the projects named jakarta-slide and
> jakarta-jetspeed) and both contain <depend>s inside <ant> with name
> attributes.
[...]
> so the name attribute (if present) wins over the property attribute.
> If both happen to be absent, nothing happens.

Thanks Stefan. The first one I looked at didn't have a 'name' attribute
either, but I can add that. The Python code is currently written pretty 'low
level' with stuff like this (I guess the part of the code that was written
in Java before) and don't handle 'do nothing' to well. As such, for now I'll
add:

    # Name the property...
    if depend.property:

            property['name']=depend.property

    elif not hasattr(property,'name'):

            # :TODO: Reconsider later, but default to project name for
now...

            property['name']=depend.project

            log.warn('Unnamed property in depend for: ' + depend.project + '
on ' + project.name)

Thanks for your help.

regards

Adam