gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Gumping centipede
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 07:22:46 GMT
I've updated the logs with last night's build (ant-contrib-tests has
been hanging and I had to terminate it manually in case you're curious
about the build times).

See also <http://cvs.apache.org/~bodewig/gump/krysalis-version-debug.log>
for a manual invocation with

./build.sh krysalis-version dist-gump -debug -logfile /tmp/krysalis-version-debug.log

and an empty CLASSPATH (using JDK 1.4.2).

When you try to parse this, you should know that
/home/bodewig/dev/gump is a symlink to /javastuff/gump.

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Adam R. B. Jack <ajack@trysybase.com> wrote:

> It isn't a property but a static variable we test (I forget why we
> stopped using a property).

Sounds like a potential classloader problem then.  If centipede's
classes get loaded twice via different class loaders, you'll get two
instances of the same class that don't share the same static
variables.

> This time it is me that does not follow, 'cos (1) POI is nothing to
> do with me (2) POI gave up on centipede long ago, and uses plain
> ant.

My only exposure to a build using centipede has been when I tried to
debug a problem with POI's builds in Gump some months ago when they
still used centipede.  And at that time I found the nested <ant>
invocations incredibly difficult to follow, in particular since a
bunch of <antcall>s could have been depends attributes on targets as
well.  Things may have changed since then.

Stefan