gump-general mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: gump for incubating projects?
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 20:39:52 GMT
On Wednesday, September 24, 2003, at 10:51 PM, Adam Jack wrote:

>> is there anything to prevent gump builds being set up for incubating
>> projects?
>>
>> (other than actually doing the work, of course ;)
>
> If you are asking -- could incubator projects be gump'ed, then sure -- the
> great resources in the sky willing. ;-) If you are asking ought such young
> projects be gumped, I'd say -- certainly, especially if they re-use each
> other.

i had two things in mind: firstly trying to make sure that i haven't
missed any incubation rule about gump and secondly to try to enlist the
help of gump folks to keep me on the straight and narrow.

> (BTW: Isn't this really what commons-sandbox is?)

i'd say that commons-sandbox is a really for factoring off bits and pieces
of code internally from within apache. incubator is more about absorbing
new projects from elsewhere.

> If you are asking for a separate gump for incubator-only projects, I see
> no
> problem w/ that. I have set up standalone gumps (whittle down profiles) as
> have others. One could do that w/o much effort. If you are discuss this,
> then personally I'd be interested in seeing a "subsidary gump" (that fed
> of
> the projects in main gump, copying jars) and then built only the incubator
> code.
>
> Do you mind elaborating on your thoughts?

if no one has any objections, i'd like to get gump builds sorted out for
xml beans and JaxMe.

- robert