gump-general mailing list archives

From Nick Chalko <n...@chalko.com>
Subject Re: CVS help please...
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 18:12:20 GMT
Adam Jack wrote:

>Two CVS questions:
>
>1) I have found one of the CVS problems is a password issue (I assume).
>
>http://gump.cocoondev.org/cvs_bsf.html
>http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/bsf/update/update_bsf.html
>
>both use the string:
>
>   cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@oss.software.ibm.com:/usr/cvs/bsf update -P -d -A bsf
>
>... but only the traditional gump works. Pythong Gump gets:
>
>cvs update: authorization failed: server oss.software.ibm.com rejected access to /usr/cvs/bsf
for user anoncvs
>cvs update: used empty password; try "cvs login" with a real password

As a workaround for now,  login once by hand  and it will work

>I see code in update.py to do some sort of modification to ~/.cvspass, is that the kosher
approach to logging in? Can I get help with this part, or details on how to make this work?

>2) We have a CVS directory, and we do an "update" to see what has changed, and I capture
that to a log file for viewing. I'd like to start to detected "if anything changed" (if an
update occured) for (1) optimization for folks who want it (2) statistics. Is my best bet
to use -q and any output means something changed, or should I look for "^U " in the output,
or ????? Suggestions please.