gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: Gump and Forrest
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 16:10:58 GMT

> http://gump.chalko.com/py/index.html
>
> Is starting to look good.

Thanks, I agree I am getting closer, but I feel I still need to get inside
it some more. I was hoping your site would give me data points where I could
work out the final logic bugs ,but the forrest output isn't complete (many
of the projects are not showing up, although the xdoc is there.)

Two things:

1) Could somebody (perhaps one of the public Gump servers) work with me to
set up a nighlty Python Gump of the full workspace? Do folks have resoruce
sfor that?

2) I need to get Forrest happy w/ my xdocs & configuration...

That said, a few things I like:

The stats (by time, project count, dependencies, dependees). I need to add
by FOG Factor.

http://gump.chalko.com/py/gump_stats/elapsed.html
http://gump.chalko.com/py/gump_stats/projects.html
http://gump.chalko.com/py/gump_stats/dependencies.html
http://gump.chalko.com/py/gump_stats/dependees.html

Some of the site "introspection"

http://gump.chalko.com/py/index.html
http://gump.chalko.com/py/checkenvironment/check_java.html
http://gump.chalko.com/py/checkenvironment/check_forrest.html

The output looks a better on my site [behind a firewall sorry], 'cos I have
no broken links -- the project pages show. Clearly, I just don't get forrest
(or the forrest here is older, see
http://gump.chalko.com/py/checkenvironment/check_forrest.html).

A few Forrest TODOs I have:

1) I've read (as best I can) the site.xml documentation and I don't see
where I list all the files I want to include. Do I do it via menus, via
directories, or individual files? Sorry to be so slow on this part.

2) I'd like to suppress PDF generation, if I can. I don't see a need for it
given this more transient (nightly) information.

3) I'd like a cool skin/customisation, i.e. the Gump look. I tried setting
stuff in templates/forrest/... but I don't see much from it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

regards,

Adam