gump-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] new committer: Adam Jack
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:03:58 GMT
Nick Chalko wrote:
> I can't find the Official  Apache rules on "becomming a commiter"  But
> six +1  and no -1.  Sounds like concurance to me.
>
> Unless I hear otherwise I will ask infrastructure to make Adam and
> account.   (Or does a member need to do that).

The process is pretty simple: an email needs to be sent to
root@apache.org asking for an id (sending the note to
infrastructure@apache.org also would work).

It helps if the request is fairly complete (names, emails, groups, etc).
  Gump is a special case as it is open to all committers, otherwise the
specific cvs trees also need to be identified.

The other thing to consider is that the person receiving the request
needs to be able to validate that this request is proper.  There are
multiple ways to achieve that.  One is simply to be as well known as I
am.  ;-)  Another is to copy the relevant PMC, thereby enabling anybody
who might object an opportunity to do so (essentially authentication by
lazy consensus).  A third way is to provide specific hypertext links to
the mailing list whereby the votes took place.

Rules of thumb: don't be shy.  And remember that the person on the other
end of that email is a human.  The request may happen in minutes.  If
not, and a few days go by, ping nicely.

> R,
> Nick

- Sam Ruby