gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: Python Gump ... problems testing
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2003 16:39:43 GMT
> PC == Windows?

W2K.

> I tend to believe that I own a PC, but I've never run Windows on it (a
> couple of other OSes, though ;-)

Yeah, my bad use of M$ marketing terminology, sorry. I tend to beleive a PC
w/ Windows owns me -- or thinks it does. ;-) I am about to get a Linux PC on
Thursday --- Yahoo!

> > I have yet to figure out how to configure extssh style CVS
>
> In Gump or in general?

On windows. I have overridden the SF.net repositories to be extssh w/ my
credentials 'cos w/ anonymous/pserver I get failures.

> For Gump, override the repository definition in your workspace, like
> Sam does in rubix.xml.  Then set the CVS_RSH environment variable to
> ssh and things should work (best results will be achieved with
> ssh-agent).

Yup,  I need to try this w/ PuTTY and set it up w/ my SF.net keys. I'll try,
thanks.

> > and on the Linux box "javadoc" seems to loop @ 100% CPU inside the
> > ant-dist build & I can get no further.
>
> Which JVM and which Linux distro?

[build@build build]$ which java
/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.0_03/bin/java
[build@build build]$ uname -a
Linux build.try.sybase.com 2.4.7-10 #1 Thu Sep 6 17:27:27 EDT 2001 i686
unknown

Could it be trying to get keyboard input or something? I was testing w/
output to a file and input from /dev/null. These seem to work with
traditional gump. Could I have a missing environmental variable or
something? Darn hard to get inside to guess.

I think it is time for me to code "-debug" into Python Gump.

regards,

Adam