gump-general mailing list archives

From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject Problems of the Cactus GUMP build - Need help
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:32:54 GMT
Hi,

Since about 2 weeks ago, one of the Cactus project build has been
failing
(http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/latest/jakarta-cactus-sample-servlet-
13.html) with the error:

[cactus] Testcase:
testSetTag(org.apache.cactus.sample.unit.TestJspTagLifecycle):
Caused an ERROR
   [cactus] javax/servlet/jsp/el/VariableResolver
   [cactus] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
javax/servlet/jsp/el/VariableResolver
   [cactus] 	at
org.apache.cactus.sample.unit.TestJspTagLifecycle.testSetTag(Unknown
Source)

Here's my analysis:
- testSetTag() uses the SetTag class from Jakarta-taglibs's
standard.jar.
- by looking at jakarta-taglibs gump descriptor, it seems it is now
using jakarta-servletapi-5-servlet and jakarta-servletapi-5-jsp
projects.
- However, the cactus build uses jakarta-servletapi-4

Thus if my understanding is correct, the standard library in CVS HEAD
needs Servlet API 2.4/JSP 2.0.

However, Cactus is not yet supporting Servlet API 2.4 (we're supporting
2.2 and 2.3 ATM). However, even if we supported 2.4, we would still need
to support 2.3 and the unit tests for 2.3 would fail if we used standard
from CVS HEAD.

The only solution I can see is to have standard jar installed as a Gump
package.

There are currently 2 streams of Cactus builds:
- one for Servlet API 2.2
- one for Servlet API 2.3

We will be adding an other stream soon for Servlet API 2.4. However, we
still need to support the other streams (at least the 2.3 one) and thus
rely on some older versions of libraries.

What do you think?

Thanks
-Vincent