gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject RE: XML Schema
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 22:44:53 GMT

            I am a gump's user and I wrote some XML Schema to module e
	project definitions and I would like to share this schemas with you to
	validate them.

            How can I proceed ??

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but it seems like it:

	http://www.apache.org/foundation/contributing.html

That said, since your only representing what is already documented at:

	http://jakarta.apache.org/gump/overview.html

and in DTD form in jakarta-gump/dtd ... then I doubt this even needs that
(but I'm no lawyer).

My guess is you just post a patch containing a jakarta-gump/xsd/*.xsd for
profile/project/repository/workspace (to match what is in the dtd
sub-directory.)

What would be really useful (IMHO) would be to contribute knowledge/ideas on
how to integrate an "review of profile contents against the DTDs" into gump.

I've just been talking about this, but don't know the answer .. can one
"validate XML against an XSD and get 'warnings', not just the first failure
w/ a validating XML parse?" I'd love to see a "these things don't look
right" report for each project for each gump run.

regards

Adam