gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Date mismatch
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 06:01:37 GMT
On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Adam Jack <ajack@trysybase.com> wrote:

> Hmm, I did a search for .timestamp (trying to find out who created
> it, and I could) and look what I find in gump.sh.

It predates gump.sh by far.

I use .timestamp in the cron job that runs Gump and I think Leo and
Sam do the same.  The .timestamp mechanism allows you to do partial
Gump runs based on older builds.

To illustrate this.  Gump starts at 10pm on my box, today's results
(running more than eight hours) have a timestamp of 20030730 (to me
that's yesterday).

If I want to experiment with changing some project descriptors to see
whether I can get a certain build going, I simply rerun gen.sh and
test.  If Jenny didn't take .timestamp into account, all generated
jars would have the wrong date (as now would create 20030731) and I'd
have to rebuild a lot of projects.

> > rm -f .timestamp <----------------------------------- This was in
> the script I copied, I never understood it

I hope I could clear that up.

> The build.xml files used by krysalis-version-core and krysalis-ruper
> use current date (although I did set TZ to GMT) so they are
> generated at run time.

You can always override them from the Gump descriptor.

<ant ...>
  <property name="DSTAMP" value="@@DATE@@"/>
</ant>