gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: Please add jUDDI (http://juddi.sourceforge.net) to Gump...
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:08:14 GMT

> On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Nick Chalko <nick@chalko.com> wrote:
>
> > But there is the other side: does jUDDI relay on gumped projects?
>
> Granted.  I didn't say that I'd roll back a commit that added jUDDI,
> just wanted to know the rationale for it.

Sorry guys, I am reading mail from an odd location w/ no filters and a tonne
to wade through. Getting them backwards. Totally understood on why you
question it, it is a fair question. And yes -- it depends upon AXIS,
commons-logging, WSD4L, and quite a few others.

BTW: I really wish we could improve gump to be smarter and (1) only re-build
something if something inside it (or below) has changed (2) share pre-built
components not duplicate work. The current "brute force" (always download,
always build) is accurate, but very intensive. I think checking if something
had change in CVS, or in a CVS callign stack, is tricky -- but it might be
worth it for gump to be able to grow. [I guess the question becomes, home
many things worth gumping are stable -- but at 4 (or more) worldwide gumps a
day, I'd say there was likely "stacks" of "stable" code.]

regards,

Adam