gump-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Collaborative scheduling of GUMP runs
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 14:14:50 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Considering that I can't get GUMP installed correctly on my laptop
> (I have MicroSloth Sloware WinBlows OS with CygWin installed), I
> can't really contribute to GUMP hacking.  As it is, what happens is
> that the CygWin tools (PERL, Python, etc.) expect UNIX paths, and
> GUMP detects Winblows and wants to use MS paths, so they don't
> cooperate.

if you have all of cygwin installed, and you are running the gump bash
scripts (as opposed to the gump ant scripts or the gump batch scripts)
and you have all the paths in your profile in unix/cygwin format, it
/should/ work (worksforme).

An alternative is to install and put on the (windows) PATH the windows
perl and python distributions from activestate, and run the batch files
(which should work from a cygwin bash session or a windows command prompt).

Sam runs gump on his windows laptop, I run it on my desktop machine. I
think Nicola and Nick run windoze too. In fact, I have trouble getting
the python version of gump to run on linux :D

If you send us your gump profile and some more info on your machine
configuration, we can work things out.

> I'd love to help make this happen, and use it to test the Avalon
> builds.  But it seems I am stuck with what is available online.

bummer.

bright side: if you want ssh/remote X access to a linux machine, just
holler. I connect to my linux machine from windoze through
Cygwin/XFree86, and that works rather nicely. You could be doing the same ;)

cheers,

- Leo