gump-general mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Collaborative scheduling of GUMP runs
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 12:34:31 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:

<snip/>

> sure! I think dates are generated by running the unix date command (on
> unix machines). You can use the '-u' option to get a time in UTC, for
> example. try searching the bash stylesheet for "date"
>
> cat stylesheets/bash.xsl | grep date
>
> patching that file should do the trick; make sure to update the windoze
> one as well ;). It might be easiest to just add a

> or something similar in there in some place appropriate.

<snip/>

Considering that I can't get GUMP installed correctly on my laptop
(I have MicroSloth Sloware WinBlows OS with CygWin installed), I
can't really contribute to GUMP hacking.  As it is, what happens is
that the CygWin tools (PERL, Python, etc.) expect UNIX paths, and
GUMP detects Winblows and wants to use MS paths, so they don't
cooperate.

I personally would love to have a Java that could work natively with
CygWin and use the same mapping (i.e. /cygdrive/d/) so that all is
wonderful.  Unfortunately this is not the case.

Part of the problem is the heterogenious language scape and mixing
scripting and programming languages for GUMP.

I'd love to help make this happen, and use it to test the Avalon
builds.  But it seems I am stuck with what is available online.