gump-general mailing list archives

From "Bruno Furtado" <bfurt...@tpi.com.br>
Subject RE: Using Gump in my Company
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 18:47:01 GMT

Thanks for your answers, I´ll start studying it
 :)

                    "Adam Jack"

                    <ajack@TrySyb        Para:   "'Gump code and data'" <gump@jakarta.apache.org>

                    ase.com>             cc:

                                         Assunto:     RE: Using Gump in my Company

                    12/06/2003

                    19:24

                    Responder a

                    "Gump code

                    and data"

           Is Gump recommend for someone to use in its company projects?

I do, and I would.

           Is it used to coordenate continuous integration among any
arbitrary
           projects, for example excluding jakarta projects?

I do so. I run three gumps, but for most folks two (or one) would do:

1) Full stack w/ all Jakarta base plus my stuff. [Stack often break before
compiling my stuff, hence (2).] I use this for early warning against
external changes.

2) My stuff only (w/ rest as installed "packages"). I use this primarily
for
warning of internal conflicts.

           Does anyone use Gump with this purpose? Is it hard to get things
working?

Yes and Yes -- and can I repeat "Yes".  Should it be? No -- but it can be.
Those XML files can bite you in the butt in 1000 ways, they are intricately
woven. I made some rookies mistakes, like stubbornly trying to hand edit my
profile, but if you start small (a profile with your packages and a few of
your modules/projects) then you ought be in good shape.

regards,

Adam