gump-general mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: Gump in Limbo? (was RE: Specifying ANT files)
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2003 18:37:30 GMT
On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 04:23 am, Adam Jack wrote:
> I am a pretty heavily invested user, right now, and hope to become even
> more so. I'd happily contribute more than I do.

good :)

>  I've considered working on
> supplying gump patches in order to work toward contributor status one day,
> but I feel that gump is in limbo between existing and Python
> implementations. I am not sure which to invest in. Same with documentation
> changes. A decision on the future of Gump would certainly help me...

I dont know about anyone else but I suspect the python version is the "right"
thing to do but AFAIK all of the existing gump builds still use the java
version. The first step to transferring to python-gump would be to get
current gump builds done with that though I haven't looked at it so not sure
how feasible this is.

> Could somebody point me to the right place?

Just send it here. If no one picks up on it then resend it with a more
prominent subject :)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
| "Religion is what the common people see as true, the |
| wise people see as false, and the rulers see as      |
| useful" --Seneca                                     |