gump-general mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Need help with how to fix Gump Struts build
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2003 07:25:27 GMT
Struts used to depend on Commons DBCP and Commons Pool, but these
dependencies have been removed and replaced by one on the struts-legacy
package. I know how to remove the old dependencies - that's easy - but I
don't know how to deal with the new one.

The catch is that struts-legacy is built from within the regular Struts
source tree, but is not built as a part of the regular Struts build
itself. To be more explicit, suppose you have the Struts tree checked out,
and you want to build everything. You might do this:

jakarta-struts> cd contrib\struts-legacy
jakarta-struts\contrib\struts-legacy> ant clean dist
jakarta-struts\contrib\struts-legacy> cd ..\..
jakarta-struts> ant clean dist

This assumes you have your struts-legacy.jar property set to pick up that
jar from the appropriate build directory.

I've looked at the jakarta-commons Gump descriptor for ideas, but it's not
clear to me how I might apply that in a situation in which the targets are
"nested" in the source tree the way the struts-legacy code is nested.

I'd really appreciate some pointers on how to go about fixing this.

(One day, I really will install Gump and get it up and running locally. So
far, I just haven't found the time, but the Python version has piqued my
interest even more. ;)

--
Martin Cooper