gump-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Cactus] Still some problems with web site publication
Date Mon, 26 May 2003 12:21:19 GMT
Vincent Massol wrote:
> Hi Sam,
>
> There are still gotchas with the cactus web site publication after the
> Gump build.
>
> On /www/jakarta.apache.org, there are 3 files/directories related to
> cactus:
>
> cactus0/
> cactus/
> jakarta-cactus-doc-20030518/
>
> - I think jakarta-cactus-doc-20030518/ should be removed (but I can't do
> it as I don't have the permissions)

Done.

> - I think cactus0/ is the original site before you made the try. This I
> will remove after you copy the 1.4.1 and clover-* directories (see
> below).

Yes, this is the original copy.

> - cactus/ is probably from your last gump publication and is the cactus
> web site.
>
> There is a potential bug in the publication algorithm. It must
> *override* the existing web site and not be a "clean" publication. This
> is because there are some files that are not republished every time.

I'm a bit skeptical about this.  Things once part of the publishing step
will never be cleaned up.

> More specifically:
>
> - cactus0/1.4.1 should also be in cactus/1.4.1 (however, I don't have
> the rights to do the copy). Can you do that?
> - cactus0/clover-12 and cactus0/clover-13 should also be in cactus/

For now, I've made any file in the root directory that starts with
either "[0-9].[0-9]" or "clover-" excluded from the rsync.  Does this
address this requirements.

> The permissions should allow anyone from the group to have write access.
>
> Can you either perform the change or change the permissions so that I
> can do it?

Fixed.

> Also, it seems the publication is not working fine as nothing has been
> published since the 18th. For example the build was fine on the 25th but
> nothing was published... Can you help?

OK, I think I fixed this (note to self: directories in rsync need to be
terminated with a final '/').  Will watch tomorrow to see if this
addresses the problem.

> Thanks
> -Vincent

- Sam Ruby