gump-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] maven and gump
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 16:24:31 GMT
Adam Jack wrote:

> I am sure this is all code that could be done (with the right amount of
> effort) in Python, keeping your solution more consistent. That said, since I
> believe you wish to support launching ant or Maven (or other Java tool)
> perhaps you are open to this. Let me know if you are interested.

My concern (speaking only for myself) is not for the implementation
language, but for the bootstrap-ability.

Gump supports the launching of Ant.  But I want the ability to use the
version that was bootstrapped in the process.  When I started Gump, I
was an active developer on Ant.  It frustrated me that many projects
thought they knew better than I did as to what version of Ant I wanted
to run.

I would have no problems with the execution of Maven being involved in
the building of other subsystems - after the point it has successfully
bootstrapped.

- Sam Ruby