gump-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-gump/python/gump view.py
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 14:43:35 GMT

Sam Ruby wrote, On 09/05/2003 15.47:
> nicolaken@apache.org wrote:
>
>> nicolaken    2003/05/09 06:02:02
>>
>>   Modified:    python/gump view.py
>>   Log:
>>   Adding buttons that update and output to xml.
>>   Not yet done the user-information part
>
> It is not clear to me what update should do.  When doing a full gump
> run, I do an update into the cvsdir, restore the basedir from the
> cvsdir, and then build from there.

Is it so important to have cvsdir VS basedir?
You see, this frequent copying annoys many users greatly, also because
it's not what most usually do.

> In between runs, I tend to do a 'cvs -q update' occasionally on
> individual directories in the basedir and then rebuild.  That would seem
> to me to be the more common use case.

Update should run like standalone update.py does, ie it updates all when
  the root is selected, and an individual project when that is selected.

The fact that I don't do the basedir VS cvsdir distinction while you do
is the point.

I tend to think that these two should not be different, but I'm waiting
for your explanation about why you inserted this feature.

> We probably should start thinking about having menu options that do a
> large number of commands, and then have the most frequent be on the
> toolbar.  I would think that gen would be infrequent.

Let's do it when we have reason to do it. I would not put more than what
is there now ATM, so I see no need to do it now.

> Dialog menus for certain menu options may also be appropriate. Arguments
> to the build command (default being the specified target).  A date for a
> cvs update.

Yes, the "conf" part is next on my GUI list.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -