gump-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [Fwd: Re: [RT] maven and gump (was: Re: about cornerstone)]
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 20:13:11 GMT

Seems like we are not far away from having Maven project built by Gump :-)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [RT] maven and gump (was: Re: about cornerstone)
Date: 05 May 2003 08:06:45 -0400
From: Jason van Zyl <jason@zenplex.com>
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.jakarta.turbine.maven.devel

On Mon, 2003-05-05 at 04:47, Leo Simons wrote:
> (attempting move to more appropriate list; replies to gump@jakarta pleez :D)
>
> = maven and gump =
>
> Gump wants to be a continuous integration system which does not get in
> the way of normal project development, but works with it. Maven wants to
> be the tool used for that normal project development. On that basis,
> there's some work to do ;)
>
> = we have a few needs here =
>
> 1) to be able to access the artifacts gump generates from maven.

Using the jar override feature you can make maven take jars from
wherever you like. The one rub here is that you probably want a single
location where you can define these things ... I think that a patch of
Aslak's that Peter Lynch just applied might take care of this. I think
the patch provided a global configuration file of sorts. Peter, is this
correct?

If so then Gump could modify this one global configuration with
something like:

maven.jar.override = on
maven.jar.beanutils = /path/to/gump/generated/beanutils

So if you had some standard naming you just make (or generate) this file
and you would be set. Maven would use the jars you told it too.

> 2) to be able to override the version information in the maven POM for a
>     given project and simply say "get me the dependendent stuff $this
>     gump installation built $today and now build using that".

This is also taken care of by the jar override feature.

> 3) to be able to integrate maven projects into gump.
>
> where (1) is a requirement for (2), and (2) is a requirement for (3).

             - verba volant, scripta manent -