gump-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Gump Descriptor for using BCEL
Date Sat, 03 May 2003 15:21:55 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote:
> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>> I am somewhat confused over the GUMP descriptor for Fortress.
>>
>> BCEL should not be required--the ANT script successfully filters out
>> the BCEL files in a non-gump environment.  GUMP kind of forces my
>> hand on adding the dependency on BCEL, but when I do, it still
>> doesn't recognize it.  What's going on?
>
> There appears to be a copy of bcel in xalan's latest jar.  This may
> cause problems down the road for fortress users.

I can confirm this is the problem :D

> Meanwhile, I have committed a change to the xalan gump descriptor to see
> if I can get it to copy the latest bcel instead.

I think a change to the xerces buildfile is in order. What happens is:

     <antcall target="xsltc.copy-deps-jar">
       <param name="param_unless" value="xsltc.bcel_jar.not_needed" />
       <param name="param_jar_name" value="${bcel.jar.name}" />
     </antcall>

notice the "bcel.jar.name" instead of the "bcel.jar". Attached is a
patch which should allow the override to work. Can some xalan committer
check this and commit it? (CCing xalan-dev; please cc the gump list on
the way back ;)

An alternative is to have gump call the "unbundledjar" target and
reference the jar that generates. Since this will also likely remove
stuff like jlex from the classpath (unless projects reference xalan with
inherit="all"), I haven't made this change yet as it will likely break
things so needs testing. Patch attached though; still a good idea to do
this.

cheers,

- Leo