gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam Jack" <aj...@TrySybase.com>
Subject RE: Python Gump
Date Thu, 29 May 2003 16:48:18 GMT
Does anybody w/ no time to fix these have time to give me a pointer so I can
try?

regards

Adam
-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Jack [mailto:ajack@trysybase.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 11:28 AM
To: gump@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Python Gump

My feet hadn't touch the ground since coming back from a single day off a
week ago, so sorry I didn't get to that help. That said, I have some time
now to try to mirror my (pretty much working, Yahoo!) local gump set-up via
Python Gump.

I want to mirror (1) so I can compare (2) so I can report problems w/ 'old
gump' only if they are in Python Gump (3) to see if I can get Python Gump to
replace the old.

Note: I use telnet and not the GUI & feel that is a valid use case & plan to
continue that way. I hope this helps you w/ command line debugging.

Note: I want this "automated", so I want some log output I can show
remotely -- i.e. HTML or whatever.

I see activity has slowed recently, perhaps things are "stable" or more
likely everybody is busy. If you don't have time to fix problem reports I'll
understand, and if I get time (and/or get a Python clue) I'll contribute
fixes if  I can.

So ......

regards

Adam
--------------------------

1) I did the python gump/check.py and it worked. It complained about a few
small projects, which seems no biggee (a few obscure cents weren't building,
& that seems like normal -- "something won't build in a full gump" -- so I
am just leaving those.)

2) I tried this & it got the right one. [P.S. Thanks for the extra help.]

[build@tsbuild1 python]$ python gump/gen.py

 No workspace defined with -w or -workspace, using default:
   /homelocal/build/gump/python/local_gump/jakarta-gump/tsbuild1.xml
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gump/gen.py", line 149, in ?
    xmlize('workspace',workspace,f)
  File "gump/gen.py", line 90, in xmlize
    for name in object.__dict__:
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__dict__'
[build@tsbuild1 python]$

3) I tried an update:

[build@tsbuild1 python]$ python gump/update.py  all

 No workspace defined with -w or -workspace, using default:
   /homelocal/build/gump/python/local_gump/jakarta-gump/tsbuild1.xml
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gump/update.py", line 172, in ?
    update(workspace, args[1])
  File "gump/update.py", line 113, in update
    os.chdir(workspace.cvsdir)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'cvsdir'
[build@tsbuild1 python]$

4) I tried a build:

[build@tsbuild1 python]$ python gump/build.py all

 No workspace defined with -w or -workspace, using default:
   /homelocal/build/gump/python/local_gump/jakarta-gump/tsbuild1.xml

The project '*' is not defined in the workspace.

------------------------------

Any pointers/fixes folks can give would be appreciated.

BTW: The gump.sh (that Sam created and Nick/I hacked) I think we need a
Python centric equivalent (either shell script or Python itself.) Basically
that:

1) Redirects all output/errors to a log file (like gump.html)
2) Checks latest stuff out from CVS (including itself, for futures...)
3) set PYTHONPATH & does a cd
4) Does a check/clean/gen/update/build
5) Does a nag.pl (hmm, is nag.py available?)

I know we have separate tools so folks can do what they wish, but I think we
need this standard script (for the cronjobs). I think it needs to be a shell
script because of launching CVS, and such, but maybe not. I'll try writing
it for me, and post it if it gets interesting.

BTW: How do I get HTML out of these things, or whatever I am going to get
that I can have a WWW server serve?

regards

Adam
--