gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam Jack" <aj...@TrySybase.com>
Subject RE: Gump stuck in "bsf" (oss.software.ibm.com) update
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 12:49:34 GMT
Nick wrote:

	Sam has a "timeout with an error if this command takes to long"  program
	that he uses.

Yeah, I see that in action w/ the AXIS build each day. I don't think that is
kicking in here, 'cos one sees a message. I am still curious a to how "real
gump" was continuing on (and I think it did, 'cos BFS is pretty early on).

If CVS doesn't have this facility, could it perhaps be built into update.py?
Perhaps generic launcher code (for cvs for update for ???) could have a
timeout w/ teardown in it.

regards

Adam