gump-general mailing list archives

From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: [Cactus] Still some problems with web site publication
Date Mon, 26 May 2003 12:58:06 GMT

[snip]

> > - cactus/ is probably from your last gump publication and is the
cactus
> > web site.
> >
> > There is a potential bug in the publication algorithm. It must
> > *override* the existing web site and not be a "clean" publication.
This
> > is because there are some files that are not republished every time.
>
> I'm a bit skeptical about this.  Things once part of the publishing
step
> will never be cleaned up.
>
> > More specifically:
> >
> > - cactus0/1.4.1 should also be in cactus/1.4.1 (however, I don't
have
> > the rights to do the copy). Can you do that?
> > - cactus0/clover-12 and cactus0/clover-13 should also be in cactus/
>
> For now, I've made any file in the root directory that starts with
> either "[0-9].[0-9]" or "clover-" excluded from the rsync.  Does this
> address this requirements.

Ok, I didn't know you were using rsync. Yes, it addresses my reqs
although 1.4.1 does not match "[0-9].[0-9]", right? When you say "root
directory" you mean /www/jakarta.apache.org/cactus, right?

> > The permissions should allow anyone from the group to have write
access.

> > Can you either perform the change or change the permissions so that
> > can do it?
>
> Fixed.
>
> > Also, it seems the publication is not working fine as nothing has
been
> > published since the 18th. For example the build was fine on the 25th
but
> > nothing was published... Can you help?
>
> OK, I think I fixed this (note to self: directories in rsync need to
be
> terminated with a final '/').  Will watch tomorrow to see if this
> addresses the problem.

Cool. Thanks

There is something strange. It seems the cactus0/1.4.1 contents has been
removed. Not sure it this was done prior to the publication or after,
but the copied 1.4.1/ directory does not contain the correct files. I'll
need to rebuild the web site for 1.4.1 and upload it tonight.

Also, http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/clover-12/index.html (or
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/clover-13/index.html) result in 404.

Thanks
-Vincent