gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Python Gump] Multiple jars confusion for excalibur-component
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2003 13:05:58 GMT
On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Sam Ruby <rubys@apache.org> wrote:

> IMHO, there is a bug in the java based gump.

Agreed and fixed - don't trust the size of a Hashtable when you don't
control the keys. 8-)

Project would add an extra jar to the jars table in the constructor if
there was only a single jar - making the size 2.  On the other hand,
multiple jars, all having the the id "" or no id attribute at all,
lead to a Hashtable with just one jar in it.

The "Java based Gump" will now also drop projects with multiple jar
elements having the same id.

The result - before I go and fix the descriptors I have access to:

Dropping project avalon-phoenix because of Exception java.lang.Exception: Multiple jars defined
by project "avalon-phoenix" declare the same id "metagenerate"
Dropping project excalibur-component because of Exception java.lang.Exception: Multiple jars
defined by project "excalibur-instrument-manager" referenced by project "excalibur-component";
an id attribute is required to select the one you want.
Dropping project excalibur-instrument-client because of Exception java.lang.Exception: Multiple
jars defined by project "excalibur-instrument-manager" referenced by project "excalibur-instrument-client";
an id attribute is required to select the one you want.

Maybe more once I fix those.

Stefan