gump-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [gumpy] refactoring halfway
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:31:47 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Sam Ruby wrote, On 29/04/2003 12.19:
>
>> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

>> I still have a strong urge to make each class a separate file.  But
>> when an entire class is only a dozen lines or so, it does seem better
>> to group related classes together.
>
> I'm *strongly* against making each class a separate file. IMNSHO having
> the Gump OM in a single file is very important for understanding the code.

You will find that there are few implementation details that I am
strongly for or against.  But I did invest a lot of time into building
support classes so that it would be possible to express the object
module so consisely and expressively.  And so far I am quite pleased
with the result.

In Jenny, I opted for major groupings: Project, Workspace, Module, etc.
  In the Python version, so far this does not seem to be necessary.

- Sam Ruby