gump-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [gumpy] refactoring halfway
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 18:35:01 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

>> Don't be shy.  Commit.  If you break something, it will be fixed.
>> Nobody is depending on this just yet.
>
> Wait a sec, I just had time to look at it, and it's basically the same
> as I did before, but backed away because of these questions:
>
> 1 - why rss is in gump and not next to build?
> 2 - shouldn't properties be also in the main dir? (user override)
> 3 - shouldn't core be in the init module, so it is called as gump?
>     (IIUC)
> 4 - shouldn't view be in teh base dir?
>
> The only thing I'm sure is that the core needs to go somewhere in the
> gump package, for the rest I'm confused -> not committed it myself.

I'm not waiting.  Move things around as you see fit.  It is easier to
move things twice than to get things right the first time.

I'll keep up.

The one thing I most desparately want in this version of gump is not to
be viewed as the central authority or maintainer.  So, please don't wait
for my approval on anything.

- Sam Ruby