gump-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dependency resolving got slower...
Date Sun, 27 Apr 2003 22:09:53 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> The build.py run got much slower (3x) it seems, and maybe it's in the
> dependency resolving code... Sam, any idea why this has happened? Maybe
> the dependency inheritance code (BTW, thanks)?

Most of the time is in determining the global build order... something
that the current implementation of the inheritDependencies relies on.  I
am aware of the issue and looking into alternatives.

Expect to see performance both improve and degrade periodically as more
of the functionality of gump comes online.  My hope is that there will
not need to be a 'gen' step when we are done, and I will do my best to
avoid it if at all possible, but it may end up being required.

- Sam Ruby