gump-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Python Gump Worked...
Date Sun, 27 Apr 2003 16:48:21 GMT
Adam Jack wrote:

> BTW: The gump.py in the root directory, is that obsoleted? I did a find for
> "*.py" (seeing if a build.py or update.py existed) and found this. I believe
> it is old, right? Ought gen.py (eventually) write a gump.py or the
> build/update pair?

I don't have a gump.py in my root directory.

It is not clear to me that there even will be a gen.py when this is
ready for use.  One may be able to simply build against the XML
definition.  Depends on the performance.

Please be aware that there is still much to do before this is a
replacement to java/xslt based gump.  Still, it is showing much promise.
  Failures now are accompanied by stack tracebacks.  Much better than
what one gets with batch files and shell scripts.  When done, user
oriented error messages will replace these tracebacks.

One thing that is fun to play with in the meanwhile is gumpview.

- Sam Ruby