gump-general mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Does Gump ignore the build script?
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 16:02:06 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote:
> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>> I edited Fortress's build script to not build the BCEL classes if that
>> library doesn't exist.  Unfortunately, the Fortress GUMP build didn't
>> work because it tried to compile those classes.
>>
>> Is there something that was missed?
>> Is there a way to fix that?
>

> Gump uses your build.xml, but supplies that build.sysclasspath=only
> property [1].  Gump does not use your build.sh or build.bat files.

There are no build.bat/sh files.

There is an <availble property="bcel.present" ..../>
and an <exclude name="**/BCEL*" unless="bcel.present"/> and
other appropriate entries to exclude classe that require
BCEL.  that is what confused me.

> What is "more common" depends on the project.  For most projects, once
> the gump descriptor is correct, it stays working.  This is clearly not
> true for projects that are in alpha states.

More projects which add/remove dependencies.  In a simple case where
no dependecies exist GUMP should be a snap. Not necessarily just alpha
states.