gump-general mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Does Gump ignore the build script?
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 13:12:21 GMT
I edited Fortress's build script to not build the BCEL classes if that
library doesn't exist.  Unfortunately, the Fortress GUMP build didn't
work because it tried to compile those classes.

Is there something that was missed?

I added the BCEL dependency, but that does pose a potential issue.
I think the hardest thing to understanding Gump is that it doesn't
uphold the assumptions that you may have about the build process.
IOW, just because a build works on your local machine doesn't mean
it will work in GUMP--and that is not strictly because another
project changed their API.  In fact it is more common that it is
because the GUMP descriptor is not right.

Is there a way to fix that?