gump-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question on profiles
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 13:06:00 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Sam, I am confused WRT the actual use of a profile, and I guess that I'm
> overloading it's significance. Nevertheless, you suggested somewhat to
> make a profile for avalon when we were talking about building
> avalon-only with Gump.

I originally was thinking in terms of there only being one profile that
a given workspace would use.  An Avalon or Krysalis profile would simply
contain the versions of the projects that made sense to those developers.

The idea of multiple profiles is an intriguing one.  But it does bring
up the question in general about how to resolve the conflicts.  I'm not
sure I have any good answers here.