gump-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Are xml-fop and cocoon-block-fop friends of Gump? [was: How to detect "Friends of Gump"]
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 20:02:44 GMT
Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> When did Gump start? I'm following the FOP project since Fall 2000 and
> I am a committer for 12 months now and there's only one redesign effort
> I'm aware of. More below.
>
> Redesign started in fall 2001 and continues today.

I wasn't aware that it was a single continuous effort.  I only recall
two points in time (including the current situation) where such
redesigns unilaterally impacted cocoon.

> Double-nag Cocoon and FOP! Helps the Cocoon guys and prevents us FOP
> guys from accidentally changing the API (which I admit happened before).

Works for me.  Go ahead and commit the change to the descriptor.

> My take:
> - Add a Gump run for FOP's maintenance branch
> - Let cocoon-block-fop depend on the maintenance branch for the moment
> - Double-nag FOP and Cocoon lists for cocoon-block-fop
> - FOP team will look into improving the API situation

+1

The purpose behind my resistance was merely to cause this discussion to
occur and for the implications of this to be thought through, and in
particular to motivate what you captured in the last bullet above.

> Jeremias Maerki

- Sam Ruby