gump-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JUnit reports & Gump
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 10:53:10 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Apr 2003, Leo Simons <leosimons@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>This copying is not rsynching but delete-then-copy.

In the case of most outputs of builds, there are some slight
differences, making an rsynch ineffective.

> Ahh, I see.
>
>>Thinking a little more, what I actually want is symlinks to the
>>javadoc dirs in an ordered manner,

Take a look at what I do with build logs.  I would also point you to
what I did with jars on gump.covalent.net, but that machine isn't
working yet (status update: it's back up, but not set up yet).

What I do is copy the outputs to a dated directory, and then once
complete symlink 'latest' to today.

I then delete as many old directories as necessary to keep the number of
directories at 7 (or whatever my online threshold is at the moment).

I can share the scripts I use to do all of this if there is interest.

> Good idea - as long as you don't want to preserve the javadocs of the
> last run while a new Gump build is on the way.

In the case of javadocs, what I think you want is the last successful
run.  In other words, replace if successful, leave alone otherwise.

In the case of junit reports, you simply want a dated output, perhaps
with a symlink to the latest for convienence.  IMHO.

- Sam Ruby