gump-general mailing list archives

From Stephan Michels <step...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Broken cocoon build
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:43:23 GMT

On 14 Apr 2003, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Stephan Michels <stephan@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > I tried to find the problem, which the Cocoon build currently has.
> > It seems to me that there is a problem with the classpath, which
> > the build script declares.
>
> Looking at the latest run:
>
> ResolverImpl is in build/cocoon-20030414/deprecated which is not on
> your classpath, you are missing a <work> (and probably a <mkdir>)
> here.  Same for AvalonToCocoonSource.
>
> Alternatively the <work> could point to cocoon-deprecated.jar, but I'd
> strongly advise against it.  If you did so, you'd modify a jar that
> was on the CLASSPATH, which is going to either break the build (on
> Windows) or confuse the hell out of javac (the rest of the OSes).
>
> And then you seem to be missing a <depend> for XMLUnit.

Thanks, I added them to the gump descriptor. The point, I don't get,
is how gump change the classpaths for the ant scripts? I think Gump
adds the dependencies to the system classpath, but within the ant script,
there will be also a classpath declared. So why use the Ant script, which
the Gump calls, the classpath within the scripts not more. Is there
something magic :)

Stephan.