gump-general mailing list archives

From "Ignacio J. Ortega" <na...@siapi.es>
Subject RE: Commmand line length problems in w2k
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 15:42:04 GMT
Sam,

> Hard to express an opinion on something I haven't seen.  ;-)

Attached, patch for stylesheets, and Launcher.java, well as much i can
say , it follows the spirit of gump, "do the task, be stylish later" :)

> Question: is it an option or something that is done for all platforms
> unconditionally?

I've done a patch for w2k.xsl only, no need to use it in any other
platform..

> Background: I'll readily admit that I have an irrational fear
> of class
> loaders and especially about how they react to one another.
> One thing I
> am oversensitive about is the ready dismissal I have seen
> from many when
> the see a gump failure as somehow must being gump's fault as
> they don't
> see the problem with their configuration.

;) i understand you very well, admitely Launcher.java is not a
thoughtful demostration of CL.. :) but it works..

> At the moment, I don't need this on XP or Linux, but do
> appreciate your
> need to support Win2K.

I'll add a xp.xsl a copy of the original w2k.xsl, and i'll patch gen.bat
and build.xml, to use the appropiate stylesheet.. ok

Saludos,
Ignacio J. Ortega