gump-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [gumpy] refactoring halfway
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 07:30:18 GMT

Sam Ruby wrote, On 28/04/2003 20.35:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

>> 1 - why rss is in gump and not next to build?
>> 2 - shouldn't properties be also in the main dir? (user override)
>> 3 - shouldn't core be in the init module, so it is called as gump?
>>     (IIUC)
>> 4 - shouldn't view be in teh base dir?
>>
>> The only thing I'm sure is that the core needs to go somewhere in the
>> gump package, for the rest I'm confused -> not committed it myself.
>
> I'm not waiting.  Move things around as you see fit.  It is easier to
> move things twice than to get things right the first time.
>
> I'll keep up.
>
> The one thing I most desparately want in this version of gump is not to
> be viewed as the central authority or maintainer.  So, please don't wait
> for my approval on anything.

Sam, I appreciate this, but honestly it's just help that I need. I'm not
asking you to validate the design as a central authority, but since you
are the only Python man here, I need help about how things usually work
out in Python.

I already moved stuff twice, but on my hd, and never was I satisfied:
that's why I was asking you now if you gan give us an idea on what is
best to do as a Pyhon programmer, not as a Gump preacher :-)

As far as I'm concerned, this Gump is a success, and I feel it mine as
much as your's or Leo's or anyone's. :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -